Zeke came to visit us this weekend. I don't know why, but I really feel like this kid is a genius. At 15 months he is so aware of the world around him and constantly learning new things. He knows everything you are saying even if he can't communicate back in full sentences. If I say... Let's go see Drampa.. he will look around for Kris. His latest word is a word that will serve him well for a life time.
This word is UH OH. It is uttered very clearly and emphatically. I think it is a good word. I say it often myself.
Zeke likes to put things in their place. For instance, if he sees a cord... he wants to plug this in to an outlet. He wants to stack things up and have them in an orderly fashion. Most round things he thinks are balls. And he definitely knows that the basketball hoop is an important part of our household. We have a baby basketball hoop. Zeke tries to throw balls through this at regular intervals but he will throw anything round in the hoop. All of my decorative pumpkins.... any spherical thing really will work. He also expects that we will yell hurray! Because a shot that makes it through the hoop really deserves shout out. And we usually do.
Changing Zekie's diaper is a challenge. He doesn't like to lay down anymore for the process ... so it's kindof a process. We wrestle the diaper on him while he is standing.
He likes to go outside now and run around. He also likes to point at objects, wave goodbye and give kisses.
I am excited to see how he reacts to his new little cousin that will arrive in March. They will be good buddies.
In other news ... we are getting ready for weddings. It is cold and life is busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment