I have realized that I haven't blogged much this year. I think that there sometimes isn't a lot to say or document. Which isn't really true. Amanda is doing a lot and is having her last year at home. But really for me.. 2021 was mostly...
SLEEP.... SLEEP.... WORK.....WORK.....WORK....SLEEP.....SLEEP......WORK.....
So I sometimes forget about the times there are exciting things to talk about and remember. Like our epic fishing adventure.
This actually happened back in the summer on June 30th.
I had worked the day in OR and Kris asked me if I would like to go fishing after work to Yellowjacket. He wanted to take his float tube and just hang out. I decided I would go and read a book while he fished.
I sat in my chair and started to read. That's when a nice couple from town showed up with a very fancy boat. They were really really in a good mood. They unloaded the boat and also a cooler filled with beverages, a dog and 2 other passengers. They all got in the boat and were ready to go. They turned to me and said, "Hey Christy, Wanna go for a ride?"
This is where the story could have ended. I normally would have said, "No thanks!" But since it has been such a boring year, I decided I really did want to go on this fancy boat and cruise around the lake. (It's more of a pond but ...". I waded out in my jean shorts and climbed the ladder and entered the party boat.
Sharla (the wife) explained to me that the boat was a friends and they had just completed repairs on it and wanted to test drive it. We cracked out the cooler and they passed around the beer. I grabbed a water. The dog was in it's life vest watching the dragon flies. The couple's uncle was driving and a younger family member had lit a cigar in the front of the boat. We started to do circles around the lake going really fast. This disrupted the water and made the fishing a little dicey for Kris. He looked annoyed. I stood up in the boat and waved, "Hi Honey!!!"
Kris says he could not believe that I was on the boat. But hey! It's been a bad year. I needed a boat joy ride.
Just about the time we rounded the 2nd loop of our circles suddenly the dog fell out of the boat. It happened very very suddenly and the dog disappeared from view. They immediately stopped the boat and the young guy threw his stogey in the water , reached down and rescued the dog from peril. The dog was choking and spluttering and coughing and Dave (the husband) started crying. Sharla was yelling praise the Lord, and I was just sitting there thinking... Wow... this is the most exciting day of my whole summer!
Things calmed down and we visited probably another 30 minutes. They loaded the boat up and waved goodbye. I sat in my chair, with my book and chuckled.
About that time... I started to get cold.. and hungry. I was wet from the waist down... and it was about 6:30pm. I decided to get in our car and warm up. And that is when I realized that I had left the car keys in the boat. Which was on the way back to town.
Kris, meanwhile, was still on the Lake in his float tube.... Busily trying to catch a fish (that was tagged by fish and game)... If you found a certain color tag.. some money was involved.
I sheepishly called out to him that I had some bad news. I told him that we didn't have car keys any more. To his credit.. he calmly assessed the situation and out on the water he called our ministering brother/ best guy in the ward... Rob. After driving out to our house and trying to find our other set of keys...Rob came all the way out to Yellow Jacket with the keys he retrieved from the boat and rescued us.
I wasn't prepared for how fast he made it to rescue us as I was walking around in my underwear... waiting for my shorts to dry.
And that was our grand fishing adventure of the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment