Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Halloween and Birthday Party

 We decided that we really needed to do some good celebrating this year, since Covid made things so miserable last year.  So we made plans to celebrate Gma Shirley's birthday in Utah this year.  We drove down after work on Wednesday.  We took Uncle Kerry so it was a full car.  We also crammed in a bunch of Christmas presents.  This is mainly because the postal service would like to charge you an arm and a leg for mailing all your goodies.  I planned ahead.  Mainly I give calendars *(spoiler alert).  Although most relatives realize this.  So I wrapped up all my calendars that belonged to people in Idaho and Utah and dropped them off along the way.  

We stopped in Burley to break up the trip.  Then we commenced on to Provo.  We stopped and bought some flowers and an edible arrangement.  It's hard to shop for a lady that has everything!  We all went to Olive Garden and she treated us to a meal.  Not really fair for the birthday girl, but she insisted.  We visited and laughed and we shared our favorite things about her which is a tradition we have in our immediate family.  Everyone who birthdays with us knows we go around the table and share special things about the birthday person.  Thursday night Gma Shirley showed us a quilt she had made of Gpa's shirts in a special fishing theme and also a tie quilt.  We watched TV and crashed.

Friday Kris and his siblings had a fishing adventure with a large catch (happened on a snag) that had Kris very happy.  I went to my brothers house with Hailey and Amanda and met my new great nephew.  Then the girls worked on college applications and we hit a free BYU basketball exhibition game.  

Saturday was filled with dog walking (Hailey's puppy Cooper), dinner with Hailey and Joe, handing out treats at Gma's to her trick or treaters and then the BYU football game.  I haven't been around that many people in years.  So of course I am obsessing a little about it.  Maybe I will get Covid again?  I am certainly testing my immune system.  

Sunday we had a fish breakfast with Gma and then we packed the car like a sardine and also packed in Trent for the ride home.  I snored most of the trip home.  We arrived in Caldwell just in time to watch the kiddos trick or treat.  It was darling. 

And that was the trip....






No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke