Tuesday, March 5, 2024

March Madness

Things I'm looking forward to in March...


Birthdays! 

Visits from people

(My college roommate and my brother and his family)

and maybe

Better Weather...

Today there was a huge dump of snow of almost 4 inches.  

Kris is done with his basketball season and so he has been going through his multiple containers of saved programs and diagrams and plays.  He has down sized a ton and put all that paper in recycling!  It made my minimalistic heart sing!   I get really jazzed when I can simplify and/or give something to somebody to use that I am not using and won't ever use.  

February highlights included a trip to meet up with my brother and visit.  My brother Jared is so funny and I get big belly laughs going when we are together.

Now that everyone is gone I really enjoy hearing about their adventures and cute kids.  I am so grateful we live in a time where there are so many ways to keep in touch.   Texting, calling, Marco-poloing and posting parts of our lives foster connection if done right.  I love it!  No guilt tripping here.  But I'm always up for a call or update from my posterity.

When I read historical fiction I get sad for the people that left their loved ones sometimes traveling to a far off continent knowing that they would never see each other again and relying only on an occasional letter to keep in touch.  They would be so amazed that we can communicate so readily.




 

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke