Monday, November 16, 2009

IT HAPPENED



Today was one of those days that you wait for. I have tried to give all of the kids the gift of music in one form or another. I taught Stef.. Had Shelby go to another teacher and eventually she went to the trumpet... started teaching Hailey... now she is with another teacher... but I exercise EXTREME patience helping her practice... WHY? because she is really talented.. and tonight, after bribing her with a chart and treats she went down and actually sight read a song in her christmas book!!! When a student can begin to sight read for pleasure .. the whole world of music is opened up to them. It really is a transformation when they can go to this new level. So I feel some measure of success.

My mom gave me such a gift when she gave me music lessons. I never feel emotion on the levels I feel it with music. Music is one thing you don't out grow. I hope I can play until I'm senile. Hopefully reading notes will be the last skill I lose. And it is the one talent I try to freely share. I have been more blessed in my music than in any other talent. The more I play for others the better I am.

So I continue to try... with Brooke and Amanda.. to give them this one gift. Music.
So Hailey that's why we keep going. Someday you'll thank me.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke