
Did I mention that life rarely goes how I plan it?
Take this whole flu thing. See.. I had a strategy. I was prepared. Everyone was immunized. I thought... that everyone was exposed and had a "version" of it when it hit the family in September. Turns out that it didn't really hit the "family". It really only hit Shelby and possibly Brooke. So now we are 5 days into another wave of it. This time hitting Stinky and just today Hailey. Basically Amanda has been watching our Lucille Ball disk collection (so funny) for 5 days while running a 103 degree fever and coughing up a lung. Today I took her to the doctor to make sure we weren't brewing a secondary infection. It is so hard to be objective when you are nurse and parent. The doctor ordered blood work and a chest X-ray. I carried her around.. everyone noticed her being off. The spunk was gone. This afternoon she is a little better. Hailey is sacked out on the couch...
APPARENTLY YOU NEED TWO WEEKS TO BUILD IMMUNITY TO THE SHOT... how lucky are we... to get sick a week to 10 days after. Almost in time.. but NOT QUITE.
Remember my post about needing sleep.. well.. turns out that things were slow this weekend and I got call. This happens when we have too many nurses. So I got to spend lots of time with my family and I wasn't tired at all. It doesn't pay as well to be on call. But some things money can't buy.
I am now a Great Aunt!!!! That is a little wierd (just because it means we are old). Kris's neice had a baby boy. I am making him a blanket. (Don't worry I'll wash it before mailing).
In other news.. my little brother has a birthday tomorrow... 32 years old. Wow does the time fly. I remember seeing Star Wars around the time he was born....
Shelby invited some young men in her high school to church yesterday. I was quite proud of her. It was a Sunday to invite people and she took the challenge. I wasn't brave enough to invite anyone.. but she was!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment