Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Update on Us




Thanks to Becca for posting this on her blog so I could hijack it to my blog. This is what we were doing alot of last week. Watching STATE BASKETBALL. Stef is a player on the Varsity team that placed 5th at State. Everyone was probably expecting a higher finish and we didn't play all that well.. but the competition was very worthy... and I thought the girls had a good season. It's nice to move onto other things and have girls home after school to help and just to talk to ...

We stayed at mom and dad's which helped so much... we didn't pay for any hotel rooms and got some yummy meals. I was a horrible guest because I didn't feel well. I spent a lot of time on my air mattress in the library. Sleeping etc...I was treated to a nice dinner out and an ice cream cake and my dad talked with my kids about the day I was born.. it's a funny story. My mom was putting a roast in the oven that day to cook for dinner (what a good wife) and then went to her doctor's appointment.. When she got there the doctor said, "we're taking you to the hospital for an emergency C-section".... and they had to call the apartment manager to get the roast out of the oven. I was preemie and had to spend 2 weeks in the hosital. They talked about trying to make holes in the bottle nipples to feed me. It was a sweet time of them sharing sweet memories. My parents are kind. And my birthday isn't even until next week but they were sweet to celebrate it... especially since I don't want any 40th birthday parties.. AND I REALLY MEAN IT!!

Now we are home. Back to school and work and such. Amanda is reading!!! She is so diligent about her reading homework. She also writes notes to people. Today she wrote letters to Charley, Jonas, Jared, SArah , Grandma and Grandpa. They basically say, "Dear Sarah, I love you. love Amanda"... So I need to actually send them they are so precious.

Brooke got braces on our way to Portland. She looks very grown up.

Spring break is going to be fun for all with a trip to Utah for the kiddos seeing the long lost EMILY and other cousins and relatives... Grandpa Lynn is coming this weekend. The weather is warming up... and hopefully my ruptured ear drum and other assorted ailments will soon be behind me.

1 comment:

Ryan & Michelle said...

A ruptured ear drum!! That sucks! and I know, I've had three ruptured ear drums all in the right ear and the worst was ear drum blisters....oh those were bad. So if you need a hug and someone who understands the pain - I'm here for you!! Plus I have cookie dough in my freezer for you, don't think I've forgotten....I'm just very slow!!

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke