Monday, April 26, 2010

Crazy Weekend.. crazy life



It is currently midnight. I am awake. No one else is. I guess this is a good thing. Why am I awake? Well, other than I have lots of laundry to do and I'm regrouping (making lists and figuring out how behind I am) I also answered my cell phone today when work called. BAD IDEA. As I feel guilty when they need help and can't find anyone.. I'm going into work at 1am for a 6 hour stretch...

So I could lay down for an hour.. but since I"m already up putting towels away I'll catch up.

I did have a relaxing weekend in Ashland attending a Trauma Nursing class. My nurse friend and I left Friday morning and drove through Lakeview to arrive in the hippie-esque town around 6pm. We were both beat and located a medium priced hotel accross from a pizza joint. I had hit Old Navy and bought shorts and summer clothes for the kids to fight over.. err I mean SHARE. We collapsed on our respective beds after watching Wife Swap.. which coincidentally was about a woman from Ashland... Hmmm

The class was phenomenal. I learned a lot. Felt rather stupid a lot. And was a little sleepy. The lecture style always does this to me. At lunch time we had sushi. I LOVE SUSHI. Then we shopped amongst the Shakespearean hippie type shops. I know that Shakespeare wasn't a hippie... but you know what I mean. I bought a dress and some other things that I wouldn't normally buy.. and a woman complimented me on using only one shopping bag for all of my purchases (conserving/ preserving/ reusing)... Then we went and had Indian food just because my friend loves Indian food. The curry was amazing. We went back to the hotel and even with 50mg of Benadryl I didn't sleep amazing. Maybe because I watched a 48 hour mystery show.

Sunday we headed for home after another 8 hour day of learning. The drive home is really the high light. We decided to take a scenic route. Over the Crater Lake national forest area.. Around Medford I'd asked her if we needed gas and she casually responded ... no not yet... Suddenly we were in "wilderness" type conditions and no stores, or cell phone reception around and the gas gauge was very low. We both got a little quiet. I was praying ... as she is a work friend and not a member of my church or very religious (but a great gal) she was holding up the lucky horseshoe in the vehicle... We were coasting down hills and I was studying the map for potential stopping points. I know through divine intervention.. we were able to make it to a small resort gas pump. Phew. We had briefly discussed hitch hiking for gas. She was going to do this while carrying a shot gun and leaving me with a gun in the truck.. Wouldn't that be fun? At this point I really missed my little family.. and after a quick stop in Bend made it home around 10pm.

Today we went to T-ball... Amanda is such a hoot. She hit it off the tee and also managed to round the bases in the correct order. She played outfield and threw some good passes. This weekend is the Dance Recital for Amanda and Brooke.

Brooke has been writing poetry for school... I'll have to include some later.. it's quite good.

Hailey Mae is almost 13 and is planning her boy girl party for the next few weeks.

Shelby is in strength training and she is really developing some great muscles. She tells me that she feels the Second Coming is very close.. because things are so bad at the high school... She must have mentioned this to Amanda because Amanda let me know that Jesus and Heavenly Father were probably going to show up in a few days. Just letting everyone know...

Stefani is studying night and day for her AP US history exam in a few weeks. She is also taking the SAT. She is babysitting for two kids in the community after school. She drives them around and is quite responsible.

Kris and I are just hanging in there..............

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke