
I have always had a lot to say. And in times past.. I have not been afraid to share it. Certain that my words could explain, solve, justify....but lately.. I have learned something. Sometimes not saying anything is better. When you don't say anything.. you have nothing to take back, nothing to apologize for... nothing to retract. This is a hard thing to learn for me, whose motto has always been.. say it!!
Just in the past week though... a daughter had problems with a friend and instead of doing anything..(being friends with the mom and all)... I let it pass and it resolved!!! (Mostly). Without any parental ugliness or intervention.
I have learned... from my best friend... who never says anything bad about anyone... that really sometimes silence is the best choice. So today when my madly typing fingers were spewing out a long email... I chose to hit "save to drafts" instead of SEND. It was really probably the better choice.
This could of course lead to an ulcer... Because sometimes the power of saying more.. is that it isn't inside to eat you up. BUT... I think you can still say more. To Him. Did you know that he really wants to hear about it ? Because He does. And it's cheaper than therapy too.
I'm just saying...
No comments:
Post a Comment