
In my job I live vicariously through people. I get to experience wonderful births and also death....in all it's forms. Sometimes a death is a welcome release and other times it is a tragic prematurity. In bearing witness to their experiences through my nursing care.... I am forever changed inside.
And because of this.. I know .. that very few things matter. In fact.. most of the things that I worry about .. don't matter. Example of things that don't really matter... clean house.. to do list..little things that frustrate me. Things that do matter... people and relationships.
Today I was at church playing the organ and my family wasn't there yet. I was starting to feel anxious. Things weren't right. They weren't in their row. I went through various scenerios watching and waiting for them to appear. Finally after many people took their seats.. they came. The six most important people in my life. I relaxed and focused on the music. They had come. All was well.
No comments:
Post a Comment