Monday, October 25, 2010

Dilemmas



Holy cow.. I got my font options back.. Amazing. And ultra exciting. I wonder if this Halloween color will show up against my background.. We'll see... But I'm seriously EXCITED.

Having a Senior in high school brings me back. In many ways it is so much harder for kids. They have to, (in my humble opinion).. be smarter than we were required to be... Stef's life is pretty much overtaken by Senior project and studying and testing and soon college applications. She is also attending seminary every morning.. without my prompting and playing Varsity sports. She is doing a good job of not letting it overwhelm her. The above is a picture of her performing in the Senior skit. I'm happy to say that she didn't get in trouble for her part in it!!!! Some of the kids showed a lot of skin and did some "moves" that got them talked to..BUT..... The Napolean Dynomite dance was a high light!!!

Grandma and Grandpa got to be here for her Volleyball Senior night and saw her play a few matches. The team is currently ranked very high in the State and we are anticipating some exciting playoffs this year.

Helping her with various projects the last few weeks I have encountered some interesting dilemmas. I am confident that I am not the only adult that wants her to succeed and am prayerful that all things will continue to work together for her good. She is not a perfect kid.. but I feel like she is pretty darn close and is deserving of good things in the future.... She is definitely much smarter, more beautiful and more motivated than I was at that age.

Can you tell that I'm proud.. melancholy and nostalgic?

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke