She is playing the Sonatina in C by Kuhlau. It sounds pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
The older girls have a playoff game Saturday in Salem. Coincedentally this is the same day as the audition. I will have to miss the game. BUT Kris is going to go and film the highlights and hopefully celebrate the WIN!!!... Which will put us in the State playoffs next week.
Our lives are pretty much the same as always... (Do my blog posts all sound the same or what)... other than our grandma is always in the back of our minds. (She is 101 and 10/12ths and is in rehab)....
Something happened the other day that gave me pause.... A good friend and I were talking in church and she said something like .. "what has happened to our friendship?"... I was wounded.. I'll admit it. I haven't exactly been ignoring her.. but sometimes I will go days or weeks without keeping up with the people I love.. friends and family alike. This has nothing to do with them and everything to do with me. I often retreat inward and the chaos and cacophony of my life allow me an excuse for not being able to keep up with everyone. (That was a silly sentence)...
But I really don't mean anything by it.
Also.. we were having a Relief Society lesson on service and the question was posed about thinking about someone with obvious talents. Many people said my name aloud. It was flattering and awful at the same time. Because you could taste the discomfort in the air. I immediately blurted out "It's really my only talent!!! " and then I felt really dumb. People began talking about other unobvious talents like listening etc... And I wanted to crawl under my chair.
Thankfully... the good Lord has placed a few people in my life who understand me and love me in spite of it all. And they know who they are. I am really lucky that one of them is my husband. Being with him is always a comfort. Now that he is done coaching his team for the year I am looking forward to seeing him more.
Onto more light topics. Amanda is out of control. We have launched a consistency campaign. Yes, Kris and I are saying "NO" to the youngest child. Regularly. It's hard stuff. She has been secretly calling boys in her class. Did I mention she's in 1st grade?
No comments:
Post a Comment