Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1st...

Stef's senior project is photography.. so we've been treated to some awesome shots becoming part of our computer's collection of files. I am tired of the snow.. tired of the mud and muck when the snow melts. Tired to the cold temps and the dry, winter chapping of my hands and lips. I'm ready for the green of spring.. the flowers, the warmth, the beauty... the change. The hopefulness of it all.

Grandma and Grandpa Sanders came to visit us from Utah and watch the girls play basketball. They stayed for two days and although it was a short visit we enjoyed the time together and even got to attend the ward luau. Spell check assures me that I spelled that right.

Kris is still coaching Hailey's team of 8th graders. They have had 3 injuries so far and I have to wonder what drills he's putting them through to create this level of mishap... but he assures me it is all a fluke. My one regret is that there are not more clones of me to be able to attend all of the games and activities my posterity is want to participate in. I do my best.

Stef still awaits the news about BYU Provo.. I check my email everyday and also log onto BeSmart.com ... when I am not on facebook. But no news has developed.

Wiley is suffering the effects of old age and after limping around for weeks and trying a round of antibiotics he now needs further intervention. I am not a heartless pet owner.. but I have 5 children and college looming.. and I need this fix to be relatively cheap. So a toe amputation may be in the cards for the dogger boy. We'll see. It is really pitiful to see him hobble around .. but we can't imagine our lives without him .. yet.

Brookie waltzed today in the assembly at school ... she did so on stage with a handsome boy. I was very impressed with her concentration and exactness with the steps. She was all dressed up too. She is playing on a little traveling team for 5th grade basketball. She is also tackling long division.

Shelby and Stef are still playing basketball and the season is winding down. I am always happy watching both of them... even though the bleachers are hard and my old body revolts after about 4 hours of intense spectating.

Amanda had her first spendover last week. They slept in the Dora tent which has now been dubbed "the guest room". It was hilarious to see their lower legs hanging out of the small little space. She also performed in the little kids basketball exhibition on Saturday.

February... let the month begin!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke