
Senior project night was a big success. The gym was packed with kids next to their displays and the appreciative community. Stefi displayed many of her photographs including a large canvas. A friend loaned her some antique cameras which made it really cool. Today she presented a power point synopsis of her work. I think she is breathing a small sigh of relief. There are still a few classes to finish up. Which she has really ignored in the quest for finishing this project. As I was putting clothes away today I glimpsed her graduation gown in the closet and got a little overwhelmed. How can this really be happening?
Hailey graduates from 8th grade on Wednesday. The purple and black dress is almost finished. I have it lined and sewn up until the zipper. The zipper is always my nemesis. I think it looks okay. Except for the top stitching which I think looks a little homemade. I'll post some pictures later. If I ever get it done. So far I'm not entirely procrastinating. 3/4 of the way done with 5 days is almost unheard of for me. Wow. Maybe I've turned over a new leaf.
Probably not though. I'm just really procrastinating my talk writing and lessons prep.... by sewing. Here is what Sunday is looking like for me.
-8:45 am choir practice
10am play organ for sacrament meeting and play for choir
and give a talk which hubby assigned me and I graciously accepted assignment for.. speak just long enough to be entertaining but leave enough time for the missionary who really likes to talk
12pm teach relief society lesson on Courageous Parenting
3pm... play piano for 2 violinist and 3 singers at Center Stage as well as a piano solo Claire De Lune
5pm attend seminary graduation and accompany singers
Phew.... note to anyone wondering.. The piano stuff involved in the above list is not stressful to me. The talk and the lesson are.
In case you were wondering. I think it is funny how my lists that I make in my blog include some of the same things over and over. These are the things that I never get done. Why don't I ever get them done... I don't know.. Maybe I just don't want to do them.
Now that I've analyzed all of this .. I feel much better.
The end
No comments:
Post a Comment