Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happenings



Our weeks have been full of non stop activities. Here's the latest.

GRADUATION
Stefani graduated from High School June 3rd. It was a wonderful day and we enjoyed having family around to share the experience. I didn't feel very well, so I didn't get overly emotional.. plus I was helping at the all night party afterwards. The party was a success and I felt happy about it. It was held at the armory and we had lots of good food and blow up games. The national guard also had a jousting pit and bungee jump thing. I actually strapped myself into it and did about 6 flips. It was fun... I went to the bathroom before hand so as not to lose any bladder control. Stef and her friends could turn 3 flips in a row but I could only do one at a time. I guess that 's not bad for a 41 year old former gymnast.

All the grandparents were able to attend the graduation. They were very helpful. My mom cooked a lot of yummy stuff and dad helped me pick up sandwiches and dilly bars. Kris's folks helped with laundry and entertaining grandkids.

FIELD TRIP
Monday after graduation Brooke and I left for the 5th grade field trip. We loaded up the bus and drove to the coast. 23 kids, 5 adults and the teacher camped out in the shark tunnel at the Newport aquarium. We visited the beach and saw lots of awesome things. Then we went to Salem and climbed the capitol building.. and stayed at the AC Gilbert discovery center. AC Gilbert was the inventor of the erector set in the early 1900's. The kids got to dissect a squid and explore the great play structure outside. Then we all camped out again in the center. The 3rd day was a trip to OMSI in Portland and also visiting the beautiful Multnomah Falls and the Bonneville dam and fish hatchery. I think Brookie had a lot of fun.. I know I did. On the way home we thought that we saw a UFO and some of the kids began crying. We were all tired by the time we returned home

BASKETBALL TOURNEY
Almost as soon as I got home it was time to leave again to Boise. Shelby and Hailey played summer league games and Stefani attended a concert with her favorite cousin. I drove the truck to Boise. Navigating the roads in the big rig is always a challenge. We stayed at the Sleep Inn and swam and shopped a bit. Kris helped with transportation for the players. Shelby lives and breathes basketball and really is starting to shine as a Varsity player. Hailey looked good too. It is hard to think of her as a Freshman.

RECENT NEWS
In the last 48 hours.. Shelby was licensed as a driver!!! Whoo hoo. We took another trip to Bend to see Dr.'s and Dentists and spent more money.

I'm feeling tired.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke