I am pouting tonight. I tried to post a picture of Jimmer Fredette on my blog. But since I'm laying on my bed using Kris's Mac.. that will just not be possible. I'm sure you'll understand the gist of my picture choice after I get to my point. (Do I ever get to my point?)
Perhaps I will start my blog with my weekly to do list ...
-schedule stef's wisdom teeth surgery (did)
-work Mon night 1-7; Tuesday night 7-7 and today 10am-1pm (did)
-recycle (did)
-take kids to piano (did)
-plan big trip (doing) will be traveling away from husband for next 14 or so days (remember that detail)
-finish service project sewing (doing)
-clean church (thinking about doing)
-buy clothes for kids for EFY (did today)
-donate blood (did)
-try to schedule date with husband
So when I called husband today and said, " can we go on a date tonight?" And he said.. "well so and so asked me to play ball at 7pm" and I said, "well okay I guess." and then he said "Lets shoot for 5:30" (so he'd be done by 7pm) What was I really saying ladies?
a. I love it when you have time to yourself for your hobbies please schedule that time with your buddy and run home and get your shoes and clothes and I'll be just fine having you for an hour tonight.
b. I really don't want to be a nag by having to beg you to spend time with me. I would love it if you canceled that basketball activity and devoted the night to me.. but I'm not going to come right out and say it. I want you on your own to come through and do the right thing.
Yes. The answer would be B. So when he thought the answer was clearly A. It was not. That's when I did really start to not feel well * (see giving blood up on to do list). So I decided to lay in bed and pout. While he's playing basketball. Sometimes a good pout really does make one feel better.
I think one of the challenges of all married couples is finding the right amount of time together. Between the demands of work, children, church callings, and just plain life it can be daunting giving eachother any time. I'd like to point out that I'm really not being critical or negative in this post about my husband. I actually like spending time with him and wish there was more time available.
Almost anything can get in the way of a date... And it's not just him either. . He is distracted by Cougarboard, his new boat, his calling (which he should be distracted by), work (which pays all our bills) and I get distracted by facebook, my domestic duties, work, blogging, laundry, phone calls....
But... men are more direct and simple. His argument is that I should have just said, "Honey I'd prefer you said no to basketball tonight and took me out (for longer than an hour)."
Whereas I think it's obvious he should have known better. See answer b above. You could call it mind reading. I call it sensitivity.
Thanks for listening. We now return you to life where I post only wonderful things about my husband (:
And after I am done pouting .. I hope that I actually get A DATE.
No comments:
Post a Comment