Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Phone Calls




Today was a good day. I talked to my mom and my brother and got to hear about my new nephew Jack. I'm really excited to see pictures of him and hear more stories about his big brothers trying to feed him cookies. I could hear all the signs of a busy father in my brother's voice today. He was helping little ones get their shoes on to go outside for a walk.

Tonight, I answered my phone (a miracle I know) and it was my 95 year old grandpa. He sounded so good. We talked about the kids and my new hours at work and we reminesced about a trip to the coast 25 years ago. He bought flowers today for my grandma's grave. I think he misses her a lot. Since grandma passed away, he has been able to make several trips to our home with my parents and these have been happy, wonderful memories for me and my family.

I am always happy to hear from Stefani. She calls at random times with her excited updates. She was able to attend General Conference this weekend with some friends from our small town.

I am a blessed person. I have a good life with wonderful friends and family. And today, answering the phone made me smile.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke