Thursday, October 13, 2011

more of the same



Today I went on the 2nd grade field trip. I've done this probably 5 times now. We go to Safeway with the little ones and hunt down the aisles for all the products made of apples. Then we hear the produce manager tell all about apples and their varieties and health benefits. Then the children get an apple and we walk back to school. Amanda loved having me come to her trip. She smiled her wide smile and gave me lots of hugs. I'm glad I still have a young one!

Amanda scored a soccer goal tonight and Shelby, Hailey and Brooke all had volleyball games this week.

Kris has been traveling a lot. He went to a continuing education class last weekend and this weekend he is attending a football game. I emailed him the other day because I hadn't talked to him in days. It was a sad commentary on our life.

When he gets home then I'll be leaving for my big trip... Yeah! I'm looking forward to a break and some awesome touring with dear friends.

Not much is new. Stef calls often and for that I am grateful. It is hard to believe we will see her in a month.

Here are some things I love about fall. Pumpkins, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, apple cider, caramel apples, hot chocolate, crockpot soups, fires in the fireplace or woodstove, zucchini people share from their gardens, turning on the heat, trick or treating, the color orange, the fall leaves, football games, candy corns, hay bales, community choir practice, reading good books at night, quilts, back to school nights, harvest bazaars and harvest parties.

I'm adjusting to working more. I love the people, and the opportunity. I just wish I had enough energy and time to do my life justice. I always feel a little zapped. I promised myself I wouldn't complain. But it is what it is.

Next time I post it will be of pictures of my trip!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke