Monday, October 31, 2011

New York



I have one hour to make it to work via a trip to the grocery store for potluck goods. I have done a few things around my house and checked a few items off my to do list but I don't think my world will be okay if I don't get my sadly neglected blog updated. Much has happened since I last wrote and it was WONDERFUL.

What can I say about New York? It was amazing. The gals I went with were superb. My dearest friend Jana, her daughter Shey, and her sister in law were my traveling companions. We had a blast.

We saw two Broadway shows... Phantom of the Opera (for a mere $40).. and then Mama Mia. I had the songs permanently in my head throughout the vacation. If you've never seen a Broadway show.. put it on your bucket list.

We ate and ate and ate. My favorite restaurant was Good Enough to Eat. It was an amazing little whole in the wall place with the best homemade macaroni and cheese that has ruined me for all other macaroni. We also had some of the best pizza ever in Brooklyn and homemade ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream shop next to the bridge.

We experienced cab drivers and the subway. And a lot of walking. We took a horse drawn carriage ride in Central Park and also did the bike carriage through rush hour traffic. We even had a cruise on a riverboat. I think that covered all possible transportation since we flew to New York.

We saw old favorites like Times Square and the Empire State Building... as well as new ones like the Museum of Modern Art. Jana and I were able to do a session in the Manhattan temple.

We dressed up fancy and did some shopping at Macey's. We were all so proud of Sheyanne for her participation in the fashion event/ teen vogue university. I wore my Kathy Ireland pants and she told me that was a brand they had specifically mentioned was "out"!!!!

As far as danger, we avoided most of it... although at some of the crosswalks we had a near miss or two and did witness an exciting domestic altercation that ended when one of the 10 police officers across the road walked over.

I returned home, happy and rejuvenated to my crew. I found every one alive.. although not much laundry was done. Brooke had a lot of lint in her belly button and was "starving" and Amanda just missed me.

The next day we had a visit from Dad and Grandpa Lyle. We had Chinese and did some volleyball spectating.

I'm definitely game for another trip to New York... Someday.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke