Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Keys to a Happy Life
Hobbies are important. Things that make you uniquely you are important. Couples are made up of two uniquely different individuals. They should each have hobbies. If you don't know what your spouses hobbies are then you should find out! And actively encourage these sometimes. (not all the time of course).
My husband has lots of hobbies. He loves to exercise. He is always pushing himself to new challenges. He coaches basketball. He also loves to fish with his Dad and brothers. This only happens a few times a year. He is so excited to go on this weekends fishing adventure. I know that by supporting this I get a rejuvenated happy guy to live with. Win win don't ya think?
I have hobbies too... music.. lunch with friends... reading. I'm so glad that I can do these things too. I'm glad that my guy is supportive of what I do and wants me to be myself and do my things independent of him.
I loved that about my parents. They each had so many varied interests... Tai chi, tap dancing, ham radio, jazz music, hiking... and they gave each other the time and the space to grow and learn and do these things.
Of course I enjoy doing things with my husband and that is important... but I'm kindof glad that he loves to go fishing and does that on his own. I'm glad that as I've gotten older I've learned to let go a little and demand less.
In some respects.. it's given me more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment