Saturday, May 12, 2012
Sunriver
So this week I went to a continuing education conference in Sunriver. It was really interesting. It was about trauma and probably was geared mostly towards physicians, but as a nurse I learned a lot too. I especially enjoyed the biomechanics engineer who showed us seatbelt/carseat use and subsequent traumatic injuries. It was a powerful presentation. I definitely will be wearing my seatbelt more faithfully and insisting that Amanda uses her booster. (She is kindof in a gray area being almost 8 and almost at the cutoff).
I was able to stay with a coworker in a peaceful hotel room. We ate sushi one night and some authentic Peruvian food the next. It was relaxing not having to worry about anyone but myself.
I don't feel guilty because I really needed a break. Especially a mental one. I feel more prepared to handle another week and another Mother's Day.
I'm not going to sweat this one. Really. I think I'm a pretty good mom. I'm not perfect by any means. I don't want flowers or cards or chocolates this year. I don't want a talk given on my behalf (hee hee hee) or a dinner or breakfast.
I'll take a hug and a nap.
The End
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment