Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mothers Day

I am so tired. I am on the couch with my IPad...trying to not move. I love my job, especially my new chemotherapy work...but today I am exhausted.

Some days I wish I had 50 more hours in them to get everything done.

Mothers day this year made me remember a wonderful thing my mom did for me in High School.

My Freshman and Sophomore year I was a mess. Really, I was filled with teenage angst and also I basically had no friends. I was short, small and shy.. The friends I did have were not always kind. Thus, I spent a lot of time listening to music and crying. I also don't remember wanting to talk to my mom much.

Junior year I went through puberty and life was a lot better. I felt more confident and made two very special friends that stayed in my life a long time.

Senior year I was a cheerleader and thought I was hot stuff.. But I digress.

After college, one of those dear friends said that my mom had called her on the phone one day and asked them to reach out to me because she was really worried... ( or something to that effect). We laughed about it a little but I never forgot that my mom had cared enough to share my pain and want to make it go away.

I'm not sure if that call saved me from a friendless existence...but it represents the purity of a Mother's love.

I can understand and relate to my moms feeling of helplessness and her desire to step in to make things better.

Just another reason why I really love my mom.

Happy moms day Alice Fern!

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke