Monday, January 21, 2013
Burning Rubber
Today I emerged from my cocoon. I put on my walking boot and went into town to do errands. I managed to clean up the house a bit. It felt good to be reasonably productive. I've not done much the past week. Basically I've watched netflix and gotten depressed.
So as we rounded the bend to the highway I hit a patch of slush. (Why did we buy a car with no four wheel drive? Oh yeah it was the middle of August and I wasn't thinking...) Immediately I lost traction and slid sideways into the snow. Stuck in the snow. This is the 4th time in a month that I've been involved in a stuck vehicle. Which is why, I was fed up and motivated to act.
I shoveled a bit and then I strategically placed my four car mats behind each of my tires. Then I gunned it. The tires appreciated the traction I provided them and then just like that I emerged... tires squealing onto the highway. The smell of burnt rubber permeated the air. The floor mats left in the snow were the only evidence I'd ever been there.
I felt so victorious. I was fist pumping my hands in the air. Then I called my husband who just happened to be on his way to dig me out. "I'm a rockstar!" I yelled. Your wife got herself out of the snow!!!!
And that, my friends was the highlight of my day and my week.
Little victories...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment