My washer has been tempermental lately. Like a 2 year old with tantrums. Sometimes it fusses over the load size and then decides to agitate so loudly that if you are in the other room you feel like maybe there is an airplane landing or a storm or something. I've adjusted to it's moods and can pretty much baby it through a cycle. This isn't a yard sale, cheapy washing machine. This is my 900 dollar cabrio machine that I worship. It is a vital part of my life, with 7 people that produce dirty laundry at a frightening rate.
The last two days it started leaking. I almost convinced myself that it was a frozen pipe thing.. since the average temperature of the last week has been around 7 degrees Farenheit. Kris took one look at it and said, "Call Tony."
When I need Tony, I need him now. Pretty much, I left him 3 messages. Then I caught him on the phone. He began to explain the grand conspiracy of corporate America and how the washing machine companies won't allow the parts to be sold for cost and that the shipping could be $90... but I didn't care. I need my washing machine!!!!!I listened to him explain it until my eyes glazed over and I wanted a drink.. but then he said he could fit me in today!!! The thing is, Tony can talk your ear off but he is a dang good repair man and he is scarily cheap, and fair. So he spent the afternoon assessing the damage and left me a nice note on the washer, describing how he rigged it to work and the part will be in next week. Yeah for Tony! Can I feel love for the Appliance Repair Guy? Because I kindof do in a relieved, oh I guess I don't need to live at the laundromat way...
Kris is a perfect, perfect man.. but he does not do appliance repair.
I thought this would never bother me. I thought my father spent an inordinate amount of time repairing everything in our house. I wondered why he didn't just pay someone to fix it all. He would've spent more time with us and less time being frustrated.
Except now.. I get it. And I wish my dad lived closer. Then he could be my appliance repair guy. But until then...
I'm on speed dial with Tony.
No comments:
Post a Comment