Every week I help in Amanda's class. I've tried to do this for all of my kids. Some years the teachers have me correct papers and make copies..other years I read with students. I did break the laminator once and I think that was the year they decided to ban parents from using it. Whoops.
I enjoy that hour once a week. I think Amanda likes knowing I'm there, even if I am in a corner correcting math.
Today I walked in and the teacher handed me a note I had written her last week. I'm embarrassed to say I have no memory of writing it.
It said,
Dear Mrs. C.,
I am incapacitated this week so I won't be able to come to help. But Amanda LOVES school and really loves your class and I hope you have a very great weekend.
Love Christy
It was actually even gushier than that. She showed me and we laughed for like 5 minutes because I was taking pain medicine for my ankle when I wrote that...and she totally figured it out!
And, she never showed a soul....just kept it to show me this week.
Wow. Who know what else I did last week when I was out of it and taking pain medicine for my ankle.
Not that I really took that much because it made my really sick.
So there you go....
A note to the teacher.....while medicated.
I think there might be a moral to this story or a lesson somewhere... At the very least it is highly embarrassing.
Thankfully my ankle is feeling much better and I am only taking Ibuprofen this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment