Healthy relationships require boundaries. I have never quite learned how to set these. Thus, in all my relationships I tend to feel a bit of a failure because I can never quite please everyone.
This year, I made some efforts to take better care of myself emotionally. I had a few sessions with a friend/counselor to decrease my anxiety about some specific situations.
This was very helpful.
And because of this I set some personal boundaries. What they are and the details of the anxiety provoking situations aren't important...
The important point is that in setting these boundaries I felt peace. I neutralized some of the toxic effects of these encounters felt over the years.
I will never have everyone like me. But, I can like and respect myself.
I am hoping that this new arrangement will allow me some healing and eventually some neutrality.
Time can always help right?
And knowing my boundaries can keep me emotionally safe...is priceless.
I have also learned to respect my children's boundaries more. When they let me into their hearts it is a gift. When they reject me it is crushing but not permanent. I am confident that even if they don't recognize it always.....
I love them with every fiber of my being.
1 comment:
I love you Christy! and I really I miss you!
Post a Comment