Amanda is 8.. She is still a huge believer in everything one needs to believe in at that age. Santa, the tooth fairy and everything in between. She watched a fairy movie today and then proceeded to make a house for a fairy. It is quite a house and even includes a fairy mailbox and path. She is convinced that the fairy will visit and leave some dust and a note. She sharpened a very small pencil and left a paper in case.
She also redid her list to Santa. It is growing. She does know that Santa isn't a miracle worker. I think kids sense that somehow...
This week we could use a Fairy with magic dust to heal our Shelby girl. She suffered a concussion in practice and has had to miss a few days of practice and her first tournament. Of course, I think I am more devastated than she is. I would cut off my arm to keep her from missing her basketball season. She is so dedicated. Today she has been much more herself and the headaches seem to be tapering off some so we'll keep our fingers crossed.
My to do list for this weekend:
-make cookies for Sunday
-clean the church
-practice for concert
-perform in concert and fake it through the Messiah
-drive to Hailey's tournament/game and cheer loudly
-give blood
-dance recital
-mail cards and gifts
I could seriously use the Fairies myself...
No comments:
Post a Comment