Wednesday, December 5, 2012
The truth is
My kids play a game on facebook called The truth is... Their friends will post things like .. The truth is Hailey I think you are really pretty and in 6th grade I secretly thought you were the best Algebra 2 student ever!!! or variations on this.
I think that we all want truth. Sometimes in life the truth can be painful.. But I have always wanted the truth. Maybe that's why I surround myself with people who are honest with me. You can be kind and honest. The truth is freeing.
If all you really want is validation... then that can also be found. Validation is different from truth. Validation is people telling you what you want to hear. It makes you feel better about yourself temporarily because it strokes your ego. But eventually validation cannot substitute for truth.
The hard thing about this is examining ourselves and seeing within ourselves the things that aren't pretty. The things that we need to face. The truth about ourselves. When we really accept and face the truth we can make powerful change.
We can love ourselves even amidst the painful truth. And we can love others too. Deeply and honestly.
And that is the truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment