Sunday, April 7, 2013

Drop Everything



I've said it a few times.. I'll get an uneasy, feeling when something is about to happen. I should have known. I was becoming almost frenetically anxious last week. I don't know how it was possible to listen to the spirit in the state that I've been in. But unbelievably when I had the thought I should find someone to work for me this week.. I listened and easily found a replacement. I was planning on spending some time with the little ones while Kris took Shelby down to Utah to try out for Snow basketball. Kris took the week off.

Friday afternoon I got the call. Stefani said, "Hey mom, did the police officer call you yet?" What mother wants a call like that? This mother. It was her voice and her mostly intact body. I didn't lose her. She was in an accident and about to go to surgery for plate and screws to her arm. This picture illustrates why it was needed!

So I dropped everything. I called the kids and said, "Find someone to stay with". In a matter of an hour I had places for everyone and the dog and Kris, Shelby and I were on the road down to Provo.

In times like this.. we realize that our daily activities can be easily dropped when a loved one needs us. I'm grateful to be able to nurse my child right after an injury. I love all my family and extended family who rushed to the hospital to visit my girl when I couldn't.

And mostly.. I'm glad that it wasn't worse.

God is ever near and interested in us. And he answers our prayers. Elder Cristopher Golden.

It's the truth.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke