Saturday, October 26, 2013

Brooke's Paper

Brookie wrote this darling paper on her Grandma. Enjoy! I took out some of the more personal details.

GRANDMA ALICE
My grandma is (Full name here). We call her Grandma Alice. She is always so kind and caring to everyone. Also she will step out of her way to go and do a courageous task. She is my maternal grandmother. First my grandmother was born in oregon on (Birthdate removed). Her mother was Geneva... and her father was Frank. They were from Montana and Utah. She had three sisters and one brother.
The years at the college of BYU Provo really paid off because she is a certified piano teacher. Grandma Alice is a great teacher and she is always patient with others. My mother has been taught some by my grandma. She is a great example for me to achieve my goals. Also, my grandma is married to grandpa Jim. They had 3 sons and a daughter which are (she lists all our full names here). My mothers brothers live in (she lists the cities we all live in here). I enjoy it when we have family reunions at the beach with them.

I have many many childhood memories with my grandma. One of my favorite memories is from a long time ago. It is hard to remember because I was three years old at the time. My mother and her friend were going to China. Their family was adopting a baby at the time. I had to stay with my grandma for 2 1/2 weeks. I was a horrible child. I missed my mom so much but my grandma kept me busy while playing with friends and much more. A great memory is making Knox blocks which are jello fruit snacks. They were so good!

I love many things about my grandma. She always makes us cute holiday or birthday cards. Grandma Alice will spend hours making cards for all of her grandchildren. A fun thing about it is there is a little message and a dollar bill inside. Also when we go and visit she always makes us "grandma salad" as we call it. It is a wonderful macaroni sald. She makes newborn babies hooded towel. I feel at home when I am at my grandma's house.

My grandma is such an amazing blessing for my family to have. I miss her everyday and when we get to visit her it is so much fun! The example she brings to everyone is an impact. I hope their will be many more fond memories with her. My grandma Alice is an amazing woman.

End Quote

I love this paper Brooke wrote. I love that the teacher encouraged her to find out things about her heritage like where all of her grandparents were born. I also love that today she went through the box of handmade cards I have kept over the years and picked out her favorite to share to the class. Not suprisingly, they were the halloween cards mom always sends.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke