Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lord of the Flies


This weekend I traveled to Portland to attend my Uncle's wedding. I had a pretty good time. Uncle Frank was married to Aunt Nancy for many years (I'm thinking in the 40's)... and she passed away a few years ago. He remarried a good friend Patricia. Their reception/wedding included both families and many friends. My uncle is so kind to include everyone and so he introduced us all and we stood up with he and his new bride.

I saw many of my cousins and my Aunts and Uncles who could come. I visited with my Uncle Chuck and also with my brother and his new fiance. It made me miss those who have gone before and also those who couldn't attend. I got to visit with my folks too.

I had to leave the kids at home and Kris was attending a continuing ed course in Portland so I saw him for a few minutes..but he couldn't be with me much.


When I returned home the week started with a bang as it always does and our little Hailey quarter backed the Juniors to a homecoming powder puff football tie. She threw some pretty incredible passes and also ran in a touchdown. I was quite proud. I NEVER would have played powder puff football. EVER. So I'm quite sure that she got that from her dad.


When we moved out into the country, one of the first things I noticed was the dead flies in our beautiful home. They were in the living room which has many windows. Over the years, we have gotten used to the flies... but I occasionally have Kris spray because I just can't take them anymore. We couldn't seem to identify the source of the flies entrance ... they just magically seemed to appear and liked to live and die in the big living room windows. We own lots of fly swatters and I can kill a fly like THAT. A few weeks ago, Kris decided to clean the windows inside and out (at my request of course)... And while he was atop the ladder he identified a breeding area for the flies. I'm not sure how they are multiplying and replenishing but after 8 years ... I've had enough.

Thusly, I texted Kris today... "I have now vaccuumed up 300 fly corpses. I have had it with flies. I hate flies... Flies are making me psychotic".... After barraging him with multiple fly related texts... he climbed up the ladder tonight and doused the fly larvae with a mixture of bleach water ... he vaccuumed more fly corpses and then he declared them eliminated... WE HOPE. I still killed two in the kitchen.

Did I mention, I don't like flies?

I also cleaned the whole entire house. Because.. No one else was going to do it. And so I mopped, vaccuumed, dusted, washed, folded, emptied, and polished. I posted on facebook a plea for ideas on how to get my family to help me around the house.

I got a lot of great ideas.. most of which I have already tried. But guess what. They don't work. Because, nobody cares about the house/ housework... except me. Which is why I have chest pain.

I decided I'm not going to make a chore list.. because I'm pouting. And I threw out a bunch of peoples stuff.. when I was cleaning. OOPS.

I'm passive aggressive. And it's working for me.

  • The END

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke