Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Why Cheap Is Not Bad
This post is in defense of all the good people out there that like to save money. I think the economy has really made most people more aware of how it is wise to be frugal. It is suddenly more in vogue to be conscientious about spending.
I come from a long line of cheap people. My dad is the original cheap guy. But I am tired of the cheap guys being the bad guys! These guys are the BEST. They are the ones who care about their families. They scrimp and save and keep money for a rainy day. They pay for the important things and teach their kids the value of a dollar.
When I was growing up, I lamented the fact that all of our cars were used. I got rides to school with my dad in his old Jeep. I mean OLD. It was from the 40's. I could see the road under my feet and it didn't have heat. Most of the cars I drove were not in style. I was tooling around in my Datsun, or Opel while my friends all had the latest Honda.
The good news about this training was... now that I'm married... I was not a hard sell on the used car issue. I had spent my life driving the old cars. I was cool with it.
I'm not criticizing anyone who has money.. or who likes to spend money... I love to spend money too! I'm just saying that if you are married to someone who is cheap or if you have someone cheap in your life. Don't despair! Rejoice in the knowledge that being cheap is their way of showing love! Saving money for you and helping you have a comfortable life without debt or worry is a positive.
It's all in how you look at it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment