Saturday, November 9, 2013

Clark Kent



Kris got glasses yesterday. Not any fancy prescription mind you. Just some Rite Aid readers. I sort of lament the loss of his Eagle Eye perfect vision. It was sort of annoying driving anywhere with him when he would say something like, "Hey hon do you see that fox up there on the horizon?" Yeah, ah no.. I can't see anything, anywhere. Now his vision is about like the rest of us 40 somethings. So I will miss his freakishly amazing sight. I was surprised at how handsome he looked in the glasses. It was really working for me. I actually had him wear them to bed. It was like sleeping next to Clark Kent.

Except for he started snoring. I know that I have mentioned snoring in a blog post before. But, I must say. This man snores like a TRAIN. Family legend has it that his brother removed him to a closet once when he was a child snoring. I'm sure that pre tonsillectomy, his snoring was probably even worse. I have to say that I was not prepared pre marriage for my lot as a wife of a snorer. Nobody really warned me. The first night I realized the extent of the experience.. I was so young and so emotional.. I did what any new wife would do... I cried. We were actually spending the last of our honeymoon at Kris's parents house. They gave us their bed and then made us waffles. When asked how my night was, I had to hold back the tears. What could I say? How could I describe the sounds that he made as he slept? Would I ever sleep again?

Somehow, through the years... I found ways to cope. A swift kick in the side, a gentle nudge.. a friendly reminder... A not so friendly reminder. And definitely... working night shift helped a bit.

Then I gave birth to Amanda. Amanda snored even louder than Kris. It was like a snoring duet. And since they both slept with me, more nights than not.. I suffered. Amanda's tonsillectomy may have been more for my sanity than anything... but it did relieve her snoring from my life. Not so with the other snorer.

Kris has seen Dr's for his deviated septum and the verdict really was that surgery might help .. but there is a good chance it wouldn't. So why would we do it?

And the snoring continues. As I contemplated the loss of his vision yesterday.. I saw the years stretching out before us. Would he be wearing a CPap machine? Will we eventually sleep in separate bedrooms? Maybe I'll lose my hearing and my mind... Then I won't care too much.

But back to the glasses. He really looks good in glasses. So I'm going to focus on that. I'll post a picture later.

In other superhero news. I am starting to get a jump on the holiday activities and it is super exciting. And it is allowing me to procrastinate things that I really don't want to do. Like study for the peri op 101 test I should be taking and practice the piano for the holiday concert.

I have ordered my Christmas Cards, address labels and also started getting some of the gifts going. I know this sounds impressive.. but Christmas is only 1.5 months away... and the way time is moving along... it will be here before you know it.


Other things we have coming up... Ballet recital... Basketball games... Violin Recital... and Our 23rd Wedding Anniversary..

23 years of snoring ...

It's definitely worth a celebration.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke