Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dream Analysis

I think that I spend a lot of time in the cycle of sleep that produces dreams. I've always dreamed a lot and been able to remember, sometimes with great pleasure, the details of my dreams.

My dreams come in themes.

2 nights ago I dreamt my variation of the house dream. I will sometimes dream that I am living in a home with many rooms. Sometimes they will resemble homes of people I love, or sometimes they just represent a need to organize or catalog stuff. Sometimes it is fun to discover the many new rooms in the homes that I find .. in my dreams. The other night the house was old and filled with random collections of things. And I can really remember these now AWAKE in vivid detail.

I used to dream all the time about my childhood home. Specifically about the door. I think that I had a scary relationship with our front door. It had 3 locks. The door knob lock (which was flimsy), the deadbolt my dad installed and the 1970's style chain. I would dream about locking and unlocking that door and trying to do so before an intruder got me. I will still sometimes dream I am in that house. But usually the distinguishing piece of the dream that lets me know I'm back in that 70's abode and ready to walk over the beige shag carpet is the appearance of the door in the dream. "Oh, Hello my old friend".... my subconscious says, and I slip comfortably into the past using the door that opened and closed through my whole childhood.


Another theme in my dreams is the first day of school dream... or the "taking the college final exam in the class I never actually attended" dream. In the ultimate, horrible dejavu experience.. I regraduate from high school or re attend grade school and relive those awkward, awful, misfit moments. I'm not sure what these dreams mean.. but they may be tied to anxiety or a new experience about to happen. Because I attended the same school district for 12 years, the people I went to school with are still very real to me. They were my classmates for years. So when they reappear in my dreams it is like I am right there. The years melt away.

I love to dream about flying. Usually when I fly, it's because something really amazing happened in my actual life and I feel supremely happy and free. Flying in my dreams is hard to wake up from.. because it is a let down.

Not so the dreams in which I drown (so realistic) or am being attacked and I can't move a muscle.


I used to also have the "chase" dream a lot. A witch would chase me down staircases that lasted for miles. I was always able to outrun her and slide down the banisters. It was kindof like my own personal action adventure film that I was starring in before I really ever saw an action adventure film. I had superhuman like qualities in these dreams and could outwit the people trying to get me.

Sometimes I would have mini series dreams. These were continuation type dreams that went night to night. I looked forward to these dreams because I would get a synopsis of the night before's dream and then the next chapter.

The funniest dreams I have are the dreams in which I'm not really married to Kris but he makes several appearances in my dream as the love interest. When I wake up from these dreams I am so relieved that we are actually married.


Nursing produces several dreams. I have a dream/nightmare really where I am trying to do the evening med pass and it takes 5 or 6 hours. I also have the dream where at the end of the shift I realize that there is a patient I was assigned to that I never took care of . I have dreamed that I dialyzed myself and watched all my blood cleaned or had
super gory surgical dreams in which I always wake up happy that it's not real.

I definitely dream in color.

I think that my subconscious never really turns off and sometimes I work through stuff and process it in my dreams.

I'm not sure if I'm normal or not ... but I do enjoy sleeping and dreaming.

Here is a photo of me taking a little snooze this summer in the Louvre.

I don't think I had any dreams ... They weren't necessary. The whole trip was like a dream... awake.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke