
It snowed this week, despite everyone who watched the Super Bowl. Thanks Be! Last night I navigated home and slid into the driveway, grateful we were safe. All our basketball games were cancelled, which is somewhat impressive, because we aren't like the wimpy west side of the state that can't handle a little snow. We are equipped for large storms. But even us snow experts must defer to safety and not do reckless things.
Thus we didn't.
In other news, I have offended again. Should this bother me? Do regular people care if they offend people? I'm either working off the premise that a. I'm super sensitive and don't like to have anyone mad at me or b. I'm not very good at dealing with people and offend more than I should.
I think that it is almost virtually impossible to exist and interact in this world without making someone upset. Therefore I am leaning towards premise A.
But, when I offend someone do I 1. Apologize because it is never appropriate to have negative feelings regardless of if the other person was actually inappropriate or 2. Not apologize because sometimes people need to feel remorse or responsibility for their actions.
I'm leaning towards 2. Mostly because I tend to take too much responsibility for situations.
Does this feel like an eye exam?
Actually, I'm just hoping that it all goes away and I can just pretend that it's okay. Because I think in the olden days people did that. It was called being polite. And I think that there is nothing wrong with a little fake politeness to get through a situation. We need to go back to more of that.
We had a funeral in our ward yesterday. The ward provided food. I volunteered to help my friend with a jello she was assigned to make. No problem. I really didn't mind at all. The funny thing is... The jello didn't cooperate. I made it the night before and it was not really liquid and not really set. I had added crushed pineapple which is probably the problem. The next day I popped the whole thing in the freezer pre funeral. Then I took it out about 3 hours before the event. As it thawed it took on a very runny state.
I have just accepted that cooking is not a talent I possess.
Basketball is almost over again for the year. Shelby is back playing and sporting her awesome concussion headband. Hailey is having a great Junior year, starting nearly all of the games and Kris is coaching Brooke's team and really having a good time. I'm mastering spectating and being a positive parent. It's only taken me 7 years.
On winter days like these I like to reminisce about winter 1977. It was a doozy. We had an ice storm and the trees all froze. The electricity went out. Dad had just put in our woodstove. We had the most wonderful adventure. We cooked food on the woodstove and heated the water for our baths. Dad towel dried our hair. We thought it was great to stay home from school and look at the beautiful ice crystals.
No comments:
Post a Comment