Friday, February 21, 2014

Standing firm



I am proud of all my daughters. They are amazing people.

This week, I have been amazed at my daughter Hailey's resilience, strength and fortitude.

Hailey has been having some difficulties with friends. Despite being shunned a bit by the popular set, she has been hanging out with another girl. She has been a true friend to this girl and has been kind and loving. She has treated her like a Child of God. She has built her up and given her pep talks about forgiveness and self esteem and second chances.

She has also taken a stand with her beliefs. Without any parental influence she decided on her own not to attend any sports practices on Sunday. She called a coach and said she wouldn't be there, knowing it might influence her ability to play in a very important play off game. And she didn't bat an eyelash.

Hailey is able to take a stand and not care what people think. She is ahead of most adults I know. She is ahead of me.

She's a rockstar and I'm proud to live with her.

And she's getting her braces off this week! (but she doesn't know I scheduled it yet)


No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke