Monday, November 17, 2014

Family



Yesterday the kids had their Primary Program at church. It was really nice. I like to listen to the Primary program every year.. mostly because I love to hear the kids when they say cute, funny, frankly honest things. One darling girl said, she loved that God created the world and her body because " I am so beautiful!". It was precious. It's too bad we can't all keep our child like enthusiasm, optimism and delight... forever. That we let life get in the way.

The kids sang a song that I love. It's a new one that hasn't been around all that long. Every time I hear it.. I cry. (and I'm not a cryer).

Our Father has a family, it's me... It's you: all other's too, we are God's children. He sent each one of us to earth... through birth. To live and learn here in families.

God gave us families to help us become who He wants us to be. This is how He shares his love. For the family is of God.


I think this is the truest truth there is. Our families do help us become who we need to be.

I know this every time I hear my mom's voice. Every time I read an email from my dad. I know it when I joke with my brothers. When I help a child that is struggling.. I know that they are in my family for a reason. When my children make me smile.. I know it too.

God gave us the family that we belong to for a reason.

We learn things in our families that we wouldn't learn otherwise.

I notice we don't sing songs that say things like...

God expects our families to be perfect... or our families should never have challenges.

We can't get out of life without some heartache and some hurt.

But He didn't send us to be alone. He gave us people. People just for us. People to have our backs.

That is how I know He loves me. He sent me very specific challenges early in my life that prepared me to help my family members when they have had those same challenges.

Anyway.. It was a good program.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke