Wednesday, December 3, 2014
10 Holiday Thoughts
1. Holidays are a good time to forgive. Pick someone...your ex...your favorite family grudge...that annoying person in your ward who offended you...whoever...and let go of the feelings that drag you down. Let up a little. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
2. Too much is never a good thing. ( I'm talking about holiday parties here....I hate holiday parties. My quota is like 1 every 2 years and I'm maxing out on them already.) bah hum bug on the celebrations. Does everyone in the family need a requisite holiday party? NO
3. Family is everything. Don't take for granted the times you can have holidays with extended family. We aren't doing anything with extended family this holiday season and I am super sad. Next year for sure.
4. Christmas lights are fun. I think it's a great family activity to drive around and look at people's lights. That doesn't take very long in our small town but in bigger places I think they have designated lanes and drives put on just for showcasing amazing holiday homes. It's kind of voyeuristic but I enjoy looking at other people's lighting handiwork. Just like Kris and I used to love to walk around and admire the lawns and yard work of our neighbors.
5. My ideal gift would be .... A free day of housecleaning. Like 6 hours of deep cleaning by a professional.
6. My 2nd ideal gift would be a 4 hour foot rub.
7. White elephant gifts are the best..
8. Snow is awesome for the first 10 minutes.
9. Cookies cookies ...cookies. Best part of any holiday.
10. Christmas movies!
These thoughts aren't very organized. But it is 5am!
And I've been up for 20 hours...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment