Monday, February 9, 2015

Picture Perfect



Today I woke up and decided that I wanted to take pictures of our life together and put them together in a book. I started trying to take pictures of our pictures on my phone to upload to snapfish. In the process I got depressed. The story of our life together spans 25 years. Many of the photos were taken back in the day when we really didn't worry about pictures like we do now. In many of the pictures I look tired, pregnant, postpartum, or not very stylish.

Pictures are a part of our every minute now. Our world is very visual. We are constantly bombarded with images that are usually altered in some way. We instagram, blog, facebook every minute. We can make our lives look perfect when they really aren't. Or we compare our lives to the perfect pictures that we see.

Maybe that isn't fair. I love looking at pictures of my kids and friends and the cuter and funner the better.

The point is.... I love my husband and my life. I have to remember that even if every photo of me isn't beautiful I know that I am beautiful... to him (: Sometimes pictures can't capture the entirety of a life or the essence of a relationship. But I am glad I have some pictures to document the special times of our 25 years together.

When I look at the pictures from 100 years ago.. I wonder. Even if they weren't smiling, sometimes I will catch a twinkle in someone's eye. Their pictures really couldn't capture the reality of their lives. The technology just wasn't there.

We are lucky I guess that we have talented people to capture the beauty of our modern lives. That there are some spectacular photos of those we love.

And if I don't have any pictures where I look smoking hot.

It's ok.



No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke