Friday, February 20, 2015

The End of an Era




This is a picture of Hailey's team. They are undefeated in League. We go watch them at the District tournament and then the next weekend they start play offs.

This is also Shelby's last week of college play.


For the last 7 or 8 years I've watched basketball games non stop. With Hailey and Shelby ending their careers.. things will slow considerably.

And that makes me just a little bit sad.

I love watching them play.

I still look forward to watching Brooke and Amanda but it will be a little more relaxed... which isn't bad.. just different.


Other fun things to watch are the Refs.

I have joked that maybe I will have a midlife career as a basketball referee. I am pretty used to all of the calls.

College refs are a little stereotypical. The Refs that come to Shelby's league are all body builders. They look like the shirts are painted on them. They have perfect hair. In between time outs they pose with the ball... then we chuckle a bit.

The other good entertainment is when someone gets a technical. Generally good refs don't call technicals often because it really punishes the players and disrupts the flow of the game. But every once in awhile a technical is called and we all think... It's about time!


It's awesome.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke