Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holidays are Here



Last night we put up our Christmas tree. We haven't had a tree in a while so it was fun. Amanda placed the angel. I'm feeling pretty good about things all in all. There are certain things I really love about the holidays. Sending photo cards, the advent calendar my mom made that we use, decorating the tree, decorating cookies and giving gifts.

I'm easily overwhelmed and so I have to pace myself with things, holidays included. I try to do simple gifts like calendars.. and focus on the activities that are important.. and NOT all of them are.

Gifts are tricky things. It is hard to please everyone.. I think I am lucky because I have pretty much always been content with the things that I have. I've never been disappointed in a gift. It is after all a gift!!! Sometimes our kids get disappointed in the things they get or don't get... but the best Christmas we had was last year... we did absolutely no gifts for the kids or eachother. We did take them to Disneyland... but they still talk of it and ask to go again and say what a good holiday it was.

Today my dear friend Jana gave me a wonderful holiday package. She is so organized. It had beautiful gifts that mean so much to me because she loves to give. I wrapped alot of things today and got packages ready to mail. No Snow on the ground...

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke