Thursday, March 10, 2011

Common Sense


I'd like to tell you that I was born with tons of common sense.. but I'd be lying. I am very book smart and this does come in handy. Except for days like today.. when I decided to climb around in the basement storage room finding boxes of decorations for my spring "redo" of the house. Ladders make climbing safe... but why opt for a ladder when you have quick reflexes and spider man like agility? I know that thinking wasn't really involved in this process... but as I was falling from the second shelf holding a box I did form a thought... and it isn't printable. As I dusted myself off... I noted that I could walk.. which was a plus... no numbness or tingling... another plus but wow... I suddenly wanted ice on my back... lots of ice. I strapped on every ice pack in the freezer and even created my own. I used every bathrobe belt I own to tie the ice tight and even used a measuring tape. And that is how I presented myself to the ER. I looked rather silly.. but I didn't care.. i just wanted to know that I hadn't fractured anything. And of course.. I hadn't. I just have a very large bruise to the muscles in my middle back. So now I am getting some down time that I have craved. Yeah for me. I do feel pretty blessed that it wasn't worse. My MIL broke her back and ribs a few years ago and it was awful.
In other happenings... I called by very best friend tonight and she listened to me babble while under the influence of my pain medicine. She's awesome like that.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke