It is SNOWING.. I am so sick of snow.. It's spring break people!!! I guess this is one of the signs of the times. I'd like next year if we had a drought and it was sunny on Christmas. Could that be a sign of the times? Not so dry that we can't shower or drink.. just dry enough that I remember what spring is. Stefani went to Hawaii for break with her good friend Meghann. She went with them a few years ago also. This time she really knew where she was and enjoyed it extra.. because it will probably be her last time (for a good while). She is sporting a nice tan. Now back to her glamorous pizza job and preparing for college.
Shelby was in Boston with the Smithsonian student travel program. She visited Salem, the Atlantic Ocean, Harvard, the Cheer's Bar, Fenway park, the Lousia May Alcott house and many more awesome sights. She enjoyed this tour because of it's smaller group size. She really has the travel bug now having been to New York, DC and Boston.
Hailey, Brooke, Amanda and I stayed home but did manage to take a day trip to Kahneeta to meet Gma Alice, Gpa Jim and Uncle Dave. Kahneeta is near Warm Springs and is a nice resort area with a hot springs and pool. The girls enjoyed the water slide and riding on a blow up shark... Even mom and dad and I tried to get on the shark (funny to watch). We had lunch together and then drove home by way of Bend to do a little shopping. Hailey didn't have as great of a spring break as the older girls so I bought her a hair straightener, crimper thingey majigger in an effort to be fair. Keeping it fair is not really my motto. Remember people Life isn't fair. But it was a valiant gesture.
Thursday we helped with Sheryden's baby shower. I made her several flannel blankets...while severely sleep deprived (they are probably crooked)....But we enjoyed the festivities and were impressed with the creativity behind the party planning... Seriously.. it was amazing. (Sabrina rocks).
I worked about 3 nights of the break.. which left me sleep deprived and a little bit crankier than usual. I have my days and nights mixed up and I went on a rant last night. But today everyone is helping and cleaning and I feel much better.... Plus Kris knows how to laugh at me in a way that makes me laugh at myself too. And we have a date scheduled this afternoon.
Amanda had a sleep over with a friend and we are making her a homemade disco ball. (don't ask)>
Overall.. I have to say that I love my life. It is crazy and I feel like I don't get all the things accomplished that I need to. But at the end of the day.. I hope that my family knows how much I love them all individually for all of their fun and unique qualities. They are all so different and so much fun.
Tomorrow I have to teach another Relief Society lesson called "Never Leave Him".. Which discusses of all things being offended. Wish me Luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment