Friday, March 18, 2011

Sweaty middle schoolers


If you are not familiar with this picture you probably live on Mars. This is Justin Beiber. All of my girls are in love with him for some strange reason. I think even Stef likes him. (and she'll admit it's odd). I think he is past the sweaty middle school stage. But last night I got to experience that odd, awkward middle school stage when I volunteered to help at lock in. Lock in is where the middle school locks the doors and entertains the middle school set for several hours. They have a talent show and play games and act their age or slightly below their age. Which is why I had a headache 15 minutes into my session. This year I went downstairs and helped in the make up room. In years past I've helped at the auction which is a really cool gig... but this year I had the odd experience of doing nails and make up. The kids would earn 50 dollars (play money) to spend for having their nails painted or faces done. So I probably painted 20 boys fingers pink or purple and the occasional girls fingers black... I know .... it was rather odd. Something about all those pimples, b.o. and low maturity was endearing in a way. Hailey popped her head in for a minute to give me the latest on what she was doing and then she was gone.
Later I attended a beautiful Relief Society temple night/birthday dinner. I think it was one of the best ladies activities I've ever been to.... and I'm a hard girl to please. But it was a great event and a nice way to celebrate my birthday.
Today for the actual day my visiting teacher brought me a plant and I've cleaned my whole house. Not the birthday I was fantasizing about.. but Kris is making me dinner. I am lucky... and then I will sit down and read a book that my MIL sent me... Life is good. And I am glad that if I have to be 41 at least I am not 14. Kris is much better looking than Justin.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke