Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Basketball is Over
It is with great sadness that we announce the end of this years basketball season. Last weekend we went over to Salem to watch the girls play. It was a great game. They were playing against Blanchet Catholic. It was extremely physical. With one minute left, they had a 5 point lead and things were looking good. I got up and led our crowd in the wave. The win would have put them in the State Tournament in Coos Bay. They definitely deserved to be there as this year we had such a good team. But the last minute things fell apart and our girls lost by 4. Shelby played so well...and she cried after the game. We were so happy that Grandpa Jim came to cheer her on. She gave him a big post game hug. I think he was a little shocked to find that she was so sweaty. It was a very wet hug.
As sad as the loss was... we were grateful that we had planned to spend the weekend in Portland. We really enjoyed visiting mom and dad and skyping Jared and the boys. We caught a quick movie (The Vow).. and had a great pancake breakfast. The trip home was snowy and slick.
Because we won't be going to Coos Bay, Kris has the chance to go down to Utah and visit family. Grandma Shirley is recovering from shoulder surgery and he is going to go down and help and also visit Stefani. I am a little jealous, but Amanda and I will enjoy eachother when I'm not working.
I guess all things happen for a reason and sometimes losing is part of life. Shelby has one more high school basketball season and then who knows?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

No comments:
Post a Comment