One of the cool things about this last week and my impromptu trip to Utah was being with family.
As this picture illustrates, rather blurrily.. I spent a little time with Stef. My sweet brother drove her up from Provo to the funeral. We enjoyed being together even for a brief time. After the services we snuck in a little shopping time at the closest strip mall. She nabbed some jeans, shirts and underwear on my dime. It really was my privlidge.
My brother Dan chaufferred us around. Dan drives a car with 7 or 8 political bumper stickers. We were teasing him about those. He admitted that he has actually removed a few. It was easy to identify his car with the stickers.
I also enjoyed rooming with my mom. She came prepared for the trip with essential oils and soothing throat lozenges. At night time she gave me oils and then blessed me. It was kind of silly. We talked late into the night. Then I snored. Mom has a new smart phone. She actually attended a class on how to work the thing. She impressed me with her knowledge of the devise and we took this photo on it. She is becoming a good texter. It is a great way to communicate with eachother.
My Uncle Frank was there of course. He is really the best. Even in a difficult, sad time.. he came through with a beautiful tribute to my cousin and made it through the day. His kids were there too and I so enjoyed being with them. They are all wonderfully close and strong. I admire how they are there for eachother.
I miss my cousin. I miss my youth. I found myself thinking a lot about life and how fast it goes and what is really important. I marvel at these times.
And really... who would've thought.. my mom would have a smart phone?

No comments:
Post a Comment