Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tender Mercies




This week has been difficult. Adjusting my schedule for my new position has required me to be like a normal person... ie waking up early and going to bed early. (Except on the occasional night I revert back to night shift).. My body is a tad confused. I've kindof fallen off my health challenge bandwagon.. Not completely but this week I didn't earn a lot of points.

It has been a sad week for a number of reasons.

But in the midst of all of it.. today I was reminded that Heavenly Father knows us and really does love us. It is sometimes those little things that are too amazing to be coincidences, that whisper of heaven to our world weary minds. I am going to be playing some music for a special funeral. As it is being planned I received a call about a specific song that was wanted. Months ago, I had played the song for my choir. I remember feeling very touched by it and I put it away in my music. Today, as I searched for it.. I opened a drawer and went right to it. It was like I was guided to it. It was waiting for me.

These faith promoting coincidences which build us up and carry us when we falter are called "Tender Mercies" by some. Sometimes I miss recognizing these. Other times they just hit me in the face, like today.

I like to think of them as Heavenly Father's way of saying, "I'm in control, all is well... I love you. Be still and know that I am God".




No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke