
I have learned over the past few years that it's best to have pretty low expectations of major events and then you are virtually always happy.
I really placed no expectations on today. None whatsoever.. and I was so HAPPILY surprised at todays awesomeness.
First of all... I didn't feel very well tummy wise so I slept in. It was great. Then I went to lunch with a good friend. Also very fun.
The hubster and kids made me a dinner of pancakes, bacon, eggs and then they all went around the room and said nice things about me. (I'm sure I've made them all do that for eachother for years).. but to have it spontaneously done for me was sweet...
They brought out a bunch of fun presents including new kitchen knives. Nothing says you are 43 like some weapons to brandish. I also got some bath stuff (gel, salts, and lotion).. and the kids all promised not to use it!!! Maybe they are remembering the year I put marker on my gift gel that said "THIS IS MOMS DO NOT USE"...
I got some great phone calls and emails from family and friends and some nice facebook messages. I know that most people only write on your wall because facebook so nicely reminds them that it is your special day... but still it is nice to be remembered via social networking.
And so ... My day as a newly 43 year old woman went very well.
My low expectations were more than met ... They were fabulously exceeded.
The End
No comments:
Post a Comment