Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rockin my St Patty's Day




This week was careening off into gloomy-land. I seriously worked one of the saddest, hardest nursing shifts of my whole life. Seriously.

So I'm taking the reins of my weekend. Here are some of the things I've done or am doing to make it the best St Pat's ever.

---Dressed up for dinner with my hubby. I wore my new boots (so chic) and my new necklace (Thank you Jana!).. and we used a gift certificate..(the coaching thank-you gifts do come in handy).

---Skyped with Jared and the boys! Oh so fun and entertaining to watch the adorable nephews sled on the mattress/stairs... Jared skillfully followed them around with the Skype camera so we could see their cute faces and binkied mouths (Jack). Jonas described his picture of his favorite computer game. My heart just melted into butter. Charlie was also very interactive. Who knew his hair was so red? Oh how I love my brother. I can't wait to Skype again.

---Rested well into mid morning and also enjoyed reading some books.

---Made some sugar cookie bars! Ever since my dear friend made these and I dunked them into milk.. I've been dreaming of making them again. So when she gifted me with the cookbook/recipe I just had to whip them up. So at midnight... 40 minutes ago.. I sprinkled and frosted them. I cut out a square from the very middle. And then... I ate it. MMMMMMMMM... so sweet and delicious. Still lingering on my taste buds. Happy birthday to me!

---Get to dress up for an Irish Music Choir production tomorrow. Our chamber choir is singing some really fun Irish Tunes! And my music is super duper accompaniest friendly. Which means it is impressive sounding yet easy to play. Plus I am playing with a fiddle and a bass violin. It really adds to the sound and the whole ambiance. And to make the balance right I play pretty quietly. Again... No Pressure!!!!

---Get to attend a baptism tomorrow for the spunkiest girl around. Shaylee is getting baptized and I can't wait to see what she will do/say. She is so entertaining. I think she is just sunshine for everyone's life. It is hard to not smile when she is around.

----Get to eat a meal prepared by Shelby. Someone went shopping today and I see lots of ingredients ready for a feast. It's fun to have daughters old enough to cook.

---Get to wake up Monday another year older.. and hopefully wiser.

No comments:

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke

amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke