Monday, March 4, 2013
Family Night
Tonight we had family home evening. We were tired. We decided to read a chapter from First Nephi. I looked over at Kris while he was reading about abdominations (his version of abominations). He was petting the dog while his 10 painted toenails stuck up in the air.
Amanda and Gracie gave him a pedicure the other night and while it isn't on view for his coworkers and patients .....at night if he removes his socks..we can get a glimpse of his tootsies in pink and purple. They are pretty horrific. Good thing he isn't a cross dresser.
Right about the time I was pondering his pedicure he handed the book to our most enthusiastic reader, Amanda. This chapter has lots of big, unfamiliar words in it. She looked at him and said, "what is W..H..O..R..E...dad?". It was hard not to snicker. Aww the church of the devil chapter. A perfect home evening chapter.
And so snuggled up together on the couch with the dog, we slogged through a difficult chapter of scripture..culminating in the apostle John and his staying on the earth to write the end of the world. "Where is he dad?" asks Brooke in all honesty..like we rub shoulders with him all the time or are hiding him in the backyard.
"He's slinging burgers over in Prineville"....quips Kris. And then we have to explain to Brooke that we are kidding and no one really knows where John or the three Nephites are but they are here witnessing the end of the world and probably helping people.
And then Hailey came home and Shelby jumped off the couch.."I need to shower right now...I've been sitting in my sweat for 2 hours ...."
And promptly family night ended.
Is it wrong that I absolutely adore these times together. They are priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amanda the princess and chauffer Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment